What do we do?
We help our customers in making the right decisions by using sophisticated proprietary techniques as analysis of customer in-house data, applying higher order statistical models & methods, machine learning algorithms, information retrieval systems, natural language processing, building data engines, and end-to-end customer management systems. If required we also collect the ‘new data’ they need for decision-making. On the data gathering side we apply classical market research methods, use digital data collection techniques, build standard monitors, make qualitative observations and program web-crawlers. We have recently identified ‘open data’ as one of our main future fields of work. In our core we are a technology-driven data science company – with a definite human touch.
JSM emerged in 2012 out of Smart Mandate and JuxtConsult. In 2009 Smart Mandate was founded by Karthikayan VisvanathanMrutyunjay Mishra, who now oversees innovation, marketing, alliances and business development at JSM. The current 60+ strong team includes Ph.D, M.Phil holders and graduates in such fields as statistics, management, communication, computer science and decision sciences. The average age at JSM is 28 years. 47% of our staff are women and most of the team is located in our Secunderabad office, rest is in Delhi/NCR, we have a front ending presence in Singapore and we are setting up a office in Bangalore. Our team speaks 10 different Indian local languages, and we come from a rich mix of socio-economic backgrounds and faiths.
Our network of dedicated domain experts contribute their complementary skills and expertise whenever needed, and we also benefit from a select number of seasoned mentors and senior consultants who work closely with us in an advisory capacity.
Job options & process
We are currently hiring for multiple locations, Delhi/NCR, Bangalore and Secunderabad.
Please read and understand our culture, consider applying only if you believe in the purpose, values and guiding principles:
- You send us your profile and statement of purpose (answering two questions: Why are you keen on this role and our company? How can you add value to the company?)
- We will have a first level assessment call, we both assess each other ask basic first level questions
- We may like you to do a small assignment (few hours of your time) to understand your approach and ability and
- Meet in person to discuss the finer details to be able to take the decision
Full Stack Developers (4 positions)
As a senior software engineer you will work with our Machine Learning team of Juxt Smart Mandate (JSM) for designing and developing web services, and REST APIs that support our Analytics products. The ideal candidate has strong dev-ops experience and has worked with cloud deployment models and test-driven development in a fast-paced agile environment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and develop back-end micro services and REST APIs for connected devices, web applications, and mobile applications
- Collaborate with front-end and mobile app development teams on user-facing features and services
- Work with platform architects on software and system optimizations, helping to identify and remove potential performance bottlenecks
- Focus on innovating new and better ways to create solutions that add value and amaze the end user, with a penchant for simple elegant design in every aspect from data structures to code to UI and systems architecture
- Stay up to date on relevant technologies, plug into user groups, understand trends and opportunities that ensure we are using the best techniques and tools
- Document the work you do, especially APIs that you create
Competence in one or more of the below technologies (demonstrated competence):
- Expert knowledge of dynamic server coding environments in Python and at least one of the following: PHP, Ruby, Angular.js, Node.js
- Hands on experience using and developing REST APIs
- Experience with Python Flask framework
- Working knowledge of NoSQL database systems (Mongo, Cassandra, HBase, BigTable, Redis)
- Production experience creating a NoSQL schema and managing scaled access to a NoSQL data store
- Messaging systems (RabbitMQ, MQTT, ZeroMQ)
- Strong SQL development skills writing fine-tuned queries, stored procedures, triggers etc. and design skills (data normalization/de-normalization, foreign key constraints, indexes, etc.) in Mysql.
- Cloud-based distributed application scaling & data processing in the cloud
- Agile / Scrum methodology
Highly desirable but not required skills include:
- Experience with cloud computing APIs (Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure)
- Knowledge of configuration management systems such as Puppet or Chef
- Experience with Hadoop ecosystem tools such as Spark, MapReduce or other Big Data platforms
- Interest in emerging platform-as-a-service / distributed application frameworks such as Cloud Foundry, Spring, ElasticBeanstalk and Docker
- Mobile application development a plus
- 5 or more years working in software development
- 2+ years developing, deploying and maintaining high volume production web applications and/or web API services
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Bangalore, Noida, Gurgaon
Manager, Solution Sales (3 positions)
This is a senior sales position focused on solution selling to Juxt Smart Mandate (JSM)’s existing and new accounts.
The role will require you to locate, qualify, propose, and close deals in an effective and efficient manner. You must have an attitude and ability to quickly read up, do research, talk to people and understand the client’s business needs, develop relationships, and map solutions/ applications to those business needs. That will be the key to your success.
The ideal candidate must have a strong packaged software solutions sales background and be capable of selling directly to customers of in conjunction with other partners and consultants.
You must have right attitude for sales:
- You must be the person who is friendly, always smiling/charming, never give up on any account/opportunity, follows up till you hit a dead end, punctual and organised
- Always takes a lot of notes, reads a lot and keeps track of developments in the related and unrelated industry
- Use smart methods for research, database identification/creation
- Good at mapping the key account and building relationships
- Reaching and exceeding quarterly and annual sales targets to drive own performance incentives and salary growth
- Drive direct sales via mailer campaigns, cold calling, in person sales calls and presentations
- Manage and close sales opportunities through accurate forecasting, account and opportunity planning, account resource allocation and opportunity management
Understanding & contributing to our solutions:
- Learn and maintain in-depth knowledge of JSM’s solutions and associated technologies
- Develop and maintain knowledge on competition, products, industry and business environment to leverage in the sales cycle
- Provides critical inputs to the development team, delivery team and domain experts from what you see and hear from the frontline — continuously trying to make the solution better
- Figure out the right things to speak to the C-Suite
- Collaborate with the founders on sales strategy and optimization
Selling skills and other related abilities:
- Proven ability to manage complex sales cycle, with a track record of successful revenue attainment
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Ability to follow a standard approach to selling to maximize efficiency and results
- Confident, assertive, great attitude, strong organizational skills, and a self-starter
- Education doesn’t matter
- Understand technology and software solution selling
- You have been a hunter for at least 5+ years with proven software solution sales experience
- Experienced in selling direct and through/with channel partners
- Proven track record selling packaged software solutions, business intelligence, data warehouse, and analytics
Project Managers (4 positions)
In close collaboration with Mrutyunjay Mishra, our co-founder, you will manage ongoing projects and new initiatives. Your role is a mix of
– project and key account management, and
– business development.
We are looking for a “hunter” kind of person, one who makes sure that our co-founder is organized, on time and follows up on his schedule. You should be pleasantly persuasive and efficient – someone who simply gets things done without undue fuss. You should be passionate, enthusiastic and be able to think on your own and take the initiative without expecting orders. This includes always being up to speed on what is going on in our project ecosystem. As an outgoing person you should be active in social media, specifically in professional networks and micro blogging. It would also be most welcome if you have an interest in liberal and contemporary art forms.
Prior work experience is not a must for this position but experience of at least two or three years in advertising, media (internet/print/broadcast), market research, analytics, consulting or software development would be of benefit.
You will manage our internal and external branding which includes our website, our social media platforms and our community newsletter. Your responsibilities will also include managing our existing media/press relations and taking them to new heights.
You should be a gifted writer – in particular you should possess a talent for translating data into stories. Naturally, the entire team will support you in this – but you should definitely not be afraid of data and spreadsheets. Fluency in written and spoken English is of the essence and it would also be of benefit if you have interest in design and liberal/contemporary art forms. You should be open to exploring graphic creation tools and working with design agencies and other partners. From time to time your role will require you to compile focused and sharp PP and prezi presentations. If you meet the above requirements and if you are organised, diligent, punctual and conscientious in your work, we would very much like to meet you.
Prior work experience is not essential but experience of at least one year in content writing, PR, or corporate communications would be warmly greeted.