Interns at JSM on their learning experience
A note by the interns:
“Our internship experience taught us more than what we could have imagined.
We felt that we had no idea where our career was going and we lacked confidence about what we could do and what we are really good at. Our internship has definitely given us a better understanding of our skill set and where our career may take us. Very few college students know what they want to do, and it is something that is simply not worth worrying about.
This, being our first internship in a working space, we did not know exactly what to expect from it. The environment at JSM was quite relaxed, yet it taught us how to behave in a workplace. Simply working in the office and getting used to everything here has definitely prepared us for whatever our next workplace might have to offer. Just observing everyday events has taught us more about teamwork and how people can come together to get things done.
We also received an opportunity to learn various tools/resources (like Kaggle, Medium and some of the YouTube channels) available to understand the data science concepts and its applications.
We also realized the value of subject knowledge while working on a real-time scenario and how important it is to learn more conceptually than mathematically.
By working on a couple of live projects, we learnt that there are many ways of presenting a data.
As we leave, we want to thank everyone here at JSM who helped us out. This has truly been a great learning experience and we will be forever be indebted to those who gave us a helping hand here.
For the first time ever, we enjoyed our summer by learning!”
Here is what two of the interns had to say about their experience at JSM:
Some of the other thoughts shared by the interns are, as follows:
- D. Harika: “I have learned how to study the data and visualize the data in the form of charts and writing reports.”
- P. Pravalika: “Dr. Venugopal is always supportive and encouraging. People here are very humble.”
- T. Rajeshwari: “I learnt about the important concepts – Data Science, Data Analysis, Business analytics, Grouping, Segmenting, Forecasting…and so on.”
- R. Bhargavi: “Dr. Venugopal’s classes were based on conceptual clarity and context familiarity.”
- Ch. Sai Sravani: “I got habituated to the working environment. People here are very friendly. Being an Intern here was a great opportunity for me.”